Discuss education issues, concerns and information affecting Athabasca Tribal Council First Nations.
- Committee members collect and provide information for the ATC Education Committee about various issues regarding education at regular monthly meetings.
- Communicate education information into a regular ATC newsletter and a brief into the annual report.
- Provide ongoing reports and recommendations to the ATC Board and the respective councils regarding the committee’s activities.
- Communicate with other education authorities on issues regarding ATC First Nations education on an as needed basis.
Review and analyze First Nation education systems.
- Attend two educational conferences this fiscal year.
- Visit one school system this fiscal year.
- Promote education by inviting education guest speakers to do presentations in community meetings.
Develop and implement an action plan to inform ATC First Nations about education choices.
- Promote the 1998 Conference document that describes First Nations education systems available to ATC First Nations.
- Host an education conference every two years.
- Provide information about First Nations education systems on a monthly basis.
- Within three years, each First Nation will make a community choice on the education system that will serve their children.